Caribbean Hospitality Professional Development Program
Caribbean Hospitality Managers and Supervisors
“Breaking the glass ceiling”
This program is designed to support Caribbean hospitality managers and supervisors achieve their highest potential with a program designed to elevate them to the level of Hotel Manager or General Manager within 3-years.
A partnership between CHTA Education Foundation (CHTAEF) and Les Roches Global Hospitality Education aims to rapidly accelerate participants trajectory to senior leadership.
“I’m currently studying a lot of different topics: Advanced Hotel Operations, Marketing, Hotel Management and Organizational Behavior which is very interesting to me and how it relates to leadership. Some classwork assignments require a partner or group, so this helps you to interact with others. The portal lets you see who is on campus and who is on the class, so you can reach out across the globe all while sitting at home.”
Stephen Fagan, Concierge Manager – Beaches Ocho Rios, Jamaica, A Sandals Resort and 2021 Recipient
- Online program is designed for working managers and supervisors.
- Designed to be studied alongside current job commitments, allowing them to accelerate their career without interrupting it.
- Broadens expertise and prepares participants to tackle the role of General Manager.
- Available specifically for Caribbean nationals to raise the standards of hotel excellence in destinations with the greatest potential.
- Scholarship covers between 60-75% of program cost for accepted Caribbean nationals. Candidates or their supporting hotel must commit to funding remaining US$4,600-$6,600 program cost.
- Nine (9) subjects in five (5) study units.
- Each study unit lasts approximately one month and requires a weekly commitment of 10-12 hours to complete. Units will run Sep-Dec 2021 and Apr-Jun 2022 to accommodate industry high season in Winter 2022.
- Subjects include
- Innovative, Alternative and Sustainable Trends In Tourism,
- Advanced Hospitality Operations,
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior,
- Advanced Finance and Budgeting,
- Marketing Strategies for Hotel Management,
- Entrepreneurship and Business Modelling,
- Revenue Management
- Data Analytics (digital) for Decision Making.
- Endorsement and support of their hotel to participate in the program.
- Work experience: 4 years of proofed experience in the hotel/tourism/hospitality industry OR a minimum one-year supervisory level experience in hotel/tourism/hospitality industry with minimum 4-year’s experience in tangential industries or fields
- HS Diploma, Associate degree or BA
Note: In order to qualify for a PGD students will have to hold a Bachelor degree. Based on experience level and candidate background we can accept students for PDD without a Bachelor degree.
- 1 or more professional reference letter
- CV or Resume
- Essay explaining your career goals and motivation
- Most recent School’s transcripts and diploma
- Proof of Caribbean nationality i.e. Passport or copy of birth certificate
- Ability and Commitment to allocate approximately 10-hours per week for the duration of the program
Deadline for applications: June 15th 2022
Candidates will be first assessed based on the above and invited for an interview as a next step of their application process.
Interviews will be held in July and announcements made in early August for a Program start in September 2022.